Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Got Spam?

I've been under a massive onslaught of spam lately. I'm sure everyone has - my inundation is not because I'm special or because I'm a likely buyer of snake oil. But, seriously - I have a female name - and yet the majority of spam I get is for male enhancement products. How do I know this?

Because I have partials and queries out with agents and editors. Stay with me I know it seems like a segue. I check my junk mail folder hourly because you just never know if a reply from that uber-important key to my future health and happiness has gotten marked as spam.

No, no snake oil here. I'm not gullible at ALL.

So, because I need to find amusement in even the most mundane of human experiences, I've taken the seven best subject lines from my spam and I'm going to spend this week writing about them. Only, what I plan to do is riff on the subject line - I'm not planning on writing about male enhancement as a viable or even needed medical advance, in case you were worried. Sheesh.

So, hang on to your hats. It might get bumpy. EEEEWWWWWW!!! Totally unintentional pun alert.

No comments: