Monday, January 21, 2008

Writing The End

At 8:08 last night I wrote those two magic words that every aspiring writer (and, really, probably EVERY writer) loves above all other words.

The End

Wild Iris has now run it's course, fulfilled it's arc, circled itself, Freytaged, reached denouement, whatever other term you can come up with for (repeat after me)

The End

I don't feel the sense of deflation I did when I finished Silver Lining, mostly because I already have the next book plotted out and I can't wait to start it. That's a nice feeling. But not nearly as nice as (repeat after me)

The End

Of course, I'm going to bask in the afterglow all day today before I have to face the two least fun words in writing

Edit and Polish

But, that's tomorrow. And in those immortal words of Scarlet O'Hara,

Tomorrow is another day.

Which were, of course, the words written right before (repeat after me)

The End

1 comment:

The Writers Canvas, Author Elaine Calloway said...

Michelle,

Congrats and I know the feeling of writing "The End." I finished the first draft of my WIP today, and am feeling somewhat deflated, interrupted by feelings of happy hysteria. Strange, isn't it?

Elaine