Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Good News Is . . .

I didn't come in last in the Maggie Award for Excellence at this weekend's Moonlight and Magnolia's conference. My long contemporary, The Glenn, came in fourth with a lovely Honorable Mention certificate.

Can I say I was thrilled to death? No, not really. But after reading the critiques I received from the very generous published authors who served as first round judges I can say I was not surprised. (look at all those wases!). Like I told some chapter buddies, I feel like I got invited to the prom and whether or not the date worked out is ancillary. Being a Maggie finalist is the closest I'll ever come to being a rock star. People gave me that "I envy you" look and perfect strangers expressed good wishes for my success. I met some wonderful fellow writers and had an altogether great time. So, what's not to love?

I also had a great pitch session with an agent on my top five wish list and she did ask for a partial - enthusiastically no less.

1 comment:

MichOH said...

Hey - don't bleach out your pink rock star highlights yet, babe. This is only the beginning. I am so proud of you, 'chelle. You are really DOING it. You are showing up everyday and doing the work. You are a good friend and a great mom... all things you know. But... you are so inspiring to me. I see it is all possible. Thanks for that. Thanks for so much. Congratulations!!