Monday, January 22, 2007

Burning Down the House

I have a deadline, self-imposed, but a deadline nonetheless. So, no more hemming and hawing. My BICHOK. (Butt in chair, hands on keyboard). I produced somewhere around 4k words yesterday. And surprised myself. You see, I burned down The Glenn. I had no idea it was going to happen. I was every bit as startled and devastated as my hero and heroine. The name of this ms is The Glenn for goodness sake - it's practically the main character. So, as I wrote about its demise I felt the wound myself. I've never made myself cry while writing (not counting the poems I wrote in a drunken stupor in college) and it's a pretty unique experience. So, today's challenge is to sift through the ashes. Which gives me plenty of material to help face the Black Moment. And, I made it past the half-way mark. Yeah! I'm going to make my deadline. More than just The Glenn is going to burn, baby, burn this month!

1 comment:

Nicki Salcedo said...

Fire is a good thing. I had a big fire in my last story and I just realized my new one will need to have one, but this fire will kind of involve a person... Don't worry in a demon/angel paranormal romance fire is a good thing. Burning down the Glenn is sad, but at least you didn't do it with Mac or ShaSha inside! Then you'd really be in trouble. We don't need no water, let the m* f* burn!